Did you know that in addition to the regular Discovery Science Place exhibits, we also have Makers in two rooms of the main museum? After purchasing your ticket at the front counter, we suggest you start your day visiting the Makers in the main museum.
You won’t want to miss the Makers in the Discovery Theater.
- Visit with students from the All Saints Episcopal Lower School and help them “Build a Bridge for the Gingerbread Man” and “A Raft for the Billy Goat”.
- Student built Automated Watering System from UT Innovation Academy
- Architectural models from Robert E. Lee student Brennan Shuler
- Play a Laser Harp built by UT Tyler Engineering students
- Learn about synthesizers with the folks from com
You’ll find more Makers in the Hometown U.S.A. area.
- Make a rock critter or wrapped wire pendant with the East Texas Gem & Mineral Society.
- Watch Sylvia Morse make her torch fired copper enamel jewelry
- Make a four patch quilters block with the Tyler Modern Quilt Guild.